Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 3: Master Teacher Conference

Day 3 was implementation of the teacher's understanding of learning styles and content area sessions.

The day started with an exercise to drive home the point on how learning styles effect task completion and team work. It was an eye opener, and I won't share too much since I know you could learn more from participating in the workshop. If you'd like to know more be sure to apply to be a Master Teacher in February when the application process begins again!

TO DO: I will post links for assessing student's learning styles tomorrow after I get my papers together.

The second half of the day was spent in content areas such as Science, Language Arts, Social Studies, et al. In Science, the Oklahoma Science Museum (think Omniplex) shared the many different programs available and sampled a couple of demonstrations with us.

It was really pretty cool, and so fun to dust off that skill set and get nerdy with ma' peeps. However, my neice was not at all happy when I rushed back to her after the class and was rubbing a large green balloon against her head and shoving a cup wrapped in Reynolds Wrap in her hands. She translated "complete the circuit" to "getting shocked" and was not as enthusiastic as I was to experience it all. Her spirit of inquiry is really lost when it's time for a Big Mac Attack.

More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment