Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Home PC + Same Old School PC = Argh

As we move back into the school year, I often get requests from co-workers for assistance. Currently one of the most common problems my co-workers are encountering is file compatibility with their home to work files.

If you have updated your home PC and are working in Windows 7 instead of Windows XP/2000 like most of our workstations in the public education sector, it can be extremely frustrating when you realize that awesome worksheet or powerpoint you have created will not open on your school workstation. Another time I encounter this is when students work at home, then bring it in to share with the class and it wont open.

There is a simple patch from Microsoft to download, located here. Click the DOWNLOAD button near the top of the page.

If you find this does not work for you, please let me know so I can revise my link.

No comments:

Post a Comment