Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1: MT Summer Conference


The greatest thing about the first day of being back at the Summer Master Teacher Conference is the unveiling of the book we can offer to our peers in Professional Development. This year's books supplied by the SDE are
Curriculum 21, edited by Heidi Hayes Jacobs and Fulfilling the Promise of the Differentiated Classroom, by Carole Ann Tomlinson.

Although I do not have to use these books, I certainly am interested in previewing them before making a decision. My potential participants have lobbied me on what they feel they would like to see in PD. I have been requested to focus on my technology skills to share with the school, specifically educational Video Production tools for teachers and use of SmartBoards.

From what I have read about the books, I am concerned that the Jacob's book might be redundant, since she is a real mover and shaker in the Curriculum Mapping arena-which has been done a bit overmuch. The reviews on Amazon were somewhat mixed and vague.

Looking forward to tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment