Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 4: Master Teacher Conference


Last Day! Morning was spent with our content area, which means I was with the Science group. Loved it! We talked about inquiry and observation, and clarity in directions when conducting a lab. We practiced observations with small machines and exotic fruits, a great way to enhance skills and of course address differentiation.

After lunch, we finally got together with our regional group to begin planning for next years summer conference. The Southwest Region's PASSages conference focus looks to be instructional differentiation, something I am a big fan of.

I have begun previewing the books selected by SDE over the week, but I find myself going back to one of the books Jana Rowland from SDE-Curriculum Standards in Science, it's Science: Formative Assessment by Page D. Keeley. It discusses 75 specific strategies and their implementation with accomodations noted. Got to love that! I am reading it and seeing where I can work them in. I love this book, the more I read the more I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment