Thursday, April 1, 2010

How to use todaysmeet.com

Wow, so cool! I just stumbled upon yet another awesome tool to use in my lab, called todaysmeet.com!!! How exciting... I can create an online chat very easily and simply, and can use this to share links and guide webbrowsing. Check out the video from teachertube.com that I found while browsing for new tools and embedded below.

This is SUPER simple, can't wait to see if the filters block it at school or not. I can see how this would be so useful in guiding the students to links and getting everyone on the same page without having to cut and paste a link to 280 different log ins, plus the kids can then offer feedback about what link they found interesting and discuss the assignment live in the chat room.

How or Where can you use this? Any online activity in the Library, when you have the mobile or stationary labs...or as homework/study groups! Great, huh?

Update:

The school filter's didn't block it...but it was a bit disappointing in the experiment for the first run...within 2 minutes one of the students was harrassing the other students with negative statements and what I call "digital diarrhea" ...just polluting with the same annoying put-down post 20 times, while another student took advantage of my being busy with the new experiment and went to a website I have specifically forbidden.  I will revise my plan and try again with more specific guidelines.

1 comment:

  1. This site is not available via LPS network, since it is considered a social network site.

    Understandable, but it was very handy since I have absolutely no lab management software to monitor and control workstations.

    ReplyDelete